Friday, May 22, 2009

The Usual and A Bowl of Soul

I'm at my favorite coffee shop in the world. Java on Sherman. It's on the main street in downtown Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I can't even remember when I started coming here. I used to come here to do my homework when I was going to school at NIC at 18 years old...


I'm so grateful it's still open and going strong. Whenever I come back through Cd'A, I come to visit Java. I'm always terrified that I'll look at this adorable corner spot and it'll be replaced with some tourist shop.


How can something so simple as a coffee shop fill up some deep places in you? It's like seeing an old friend, or a cousin that you haven't seen in years. It makes me so happy to be here...


My standard order: A Bowl of Soul and the Usual.

The Usual is just fun to order in the first place because it's called "the Usual"... "Yah, I'll have the usual..." Where do you get to say that?? It's an onion bagel with plain cream cheese, slices of tomatoes and fresh cracked pepper. DELISH.

A Bowl of Soul is the most terrific thing that could ever caress your taste buds. It's like a latte - but thicker and richer, with Mexican Chocolate, a dollop of hand made whip cream on top, and cinnamon sprinkled on top. This description does NOT do it justice. If you've had one, you know that it truly is indescribable.
It's served in a hand made bowl with a little divot on it for where to put yer mouth... If you've ever been to my house at any time we are serving food, the odds are that you've seen one of them. I have a few and use them for pretty much every single meal I prepare. If we're not eating out of them, the lettuce, or salsa, or cheese, or SOMETHING is in them. That's because I love them! They remind me of Java and the Bowl of Soul:




Here's a shot of their sign - I love it - WAKE UP AND LIVE!! YES! LET'S! (too bad the windows need cleaning - and I don't know how to clean a window in photoshop yet...)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP