Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sailing on the Sound

Guess what? I got to go SAILING!!!

Saaaaaaaaiiiiiillllllllllliiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg, takes me away to where I'm goin tooooo-oooooooo...

I hope you can hear the music because I would embarrass my self and annoy you by typing out the phonetic sounds of the music to go with this song (or any other). So, if you didn't hear the music while reading that, start back at the beginning until you get it.

On the 4th of July, after the wedding, JJ and I traveled down to the piers in Seattle to enjoy the water, people, sights and sounds.
There was a booth set up to go sailing in the Puget Sound for an hour and a half at a very reasonable price.

After much capitulation about if I should go sailing with a skirt on or not, and figuring out how I could hold my skirt down with all the wind, and how if this was truly being modest or not, and how I WAS wearing bathing suit bottoms anyways, so did it really matter? We decided to GO!

I am so glad we did.



I've never been sailing before and was fascinated by the maneuvering, engineering, physics, or whatever that is (I got a D in Physics AND Geometry). Here is the First Mate on the boat getting the sails ready...



I took one hundred and one pictures of the city from the boat. It was definitely the best view in town!



It was AWESOME to just sit with the wind off the water, cruising in absolute tranquility.



There was an adorable family in the middle of the boat who ended up in just about every picture I have looking back at the boat. I love this one. It shows the truly joyous smile that we all had. You couldn't wipe mine off my face for the rest of the day!




Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...




If I took one hundred and one pictures of the city, I definitely took one hundred and TWO pictures of the sails! Here are a couple neat ones:





Although I look serene here, I was really thinking, "I'm SAILLLING! I'm SAAIIILLLIIINNNGGG!!!" Like Bob in What About Bob?


If you EVER have the chance to get yerself on a sailboat, do NOT skip the opportunity.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP