Monday, June 22, 2009

Raviolis That Feed the Soul

During my trip up North, I was able to spend a little time with "Mama Rita"!


As the youngest of 16 children in an Italian Immigrant family, she has A LOT of stories to share!

One of her favorite things to do for special occasions is make raviolis from scratch.

This was my second lesson on how to make the delicious little devils, so I got to be a lot more involved. It was a terrific time of pasta-making, listening to stories, and sipping a little White Zin in little Italian glasses! I know my wine-loving friends are throwing up, just a little bit right now, but hey ~ it was that or no wine at all! I chose correctly :)

Isn't she adorable? She looks like the little Ragu lady from the 1980s Ragu commercials!













After the Raviolis were done, we moved on to Rhubarb Strawberry Pie from scratch! MMMMM. I'm making my own for the first time tonight, wish me luck!

1 comments:

Janna Widdifield June 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Yummy! Hey, I am really liking the new format/layout of your blog. It looks much cleaner and simplified. Your pictures really pop.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP